Colorado Dude Ranch: Sundance Trail & High Park Fire
Goodbye, Daphne Duck! Rest in Peace, High Park Fire. You are now just an Adventure Vacation chapter in our Colorado Dude Ranch History!
Joy and Gratitude!
- So many folks have called or emailed – we are deeply moved by your friendship and concern. Thank You! Feel free to reply below.
- The High Park fire is no longer news. More than half of the fire fighters (and TV vans) have all moved on to other parts of the state, with our prayers and gratitude.
- The fire met the containment perimeter cut by fire fighters and stopped dead in its tracks, miles from here.
- It stopped growing about three days ago.
- And then a bit of rain cooled it off. Remaining fire fighters are mopping up.
- Yesterday almost all of the evacuees went home.
- Our ranch family is now smaller by five humans, five dogs, four cats, two horses, and a very awesome DUCK.
- Gary, Carol, Jeanie, Penny & Ron, we are so glad to have gotten to know you better! You are no longer good neighbors, now you are dear dear friends.
hoses!), strengthening defensible space, staff training, evacuation plans, back-up vacations with neighbor ranches for guests, safe pasture for horses…. and, of course, groceries!