Dude Ranch Front-of-the-House Manager
Sundance Trail Guest Ranch is a small (24 pillows) dude ranch in northern Colorado, supervised by the owners, the Barn Manager, The Events Manager, the Facilities Manager, and the House Manager.
Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Activities Kangaroos
- Assisting Events
Other Duties “As Assigned” (Seeing what needs to be done and doing or assigning solution.)
- We are a very small business. Everyone here chips in and lends a hand with whatever calamity, catastrophe, emergency or fire currently burning.
- This could be just about anything from applying band aides to childrens’ fingers to slapping shingles on a leaky roof.
- This may require stepping in to doing any job if someone is out sick, on vacation, or wins the lottery.
- All staff jump into “other” jobs as needed at the moment
- Modeling appropriate behaviors, including dining room and table etiquette, sparkling conversation, seeing and picking up trash
- With input and assistance of other Managers, writes the weekly staff work schedule.
- Strictly controlling overtime
- Monitoring the weekly guest schedule and making adjustments to staff assignments according to guest requests/needs, scheduled special events, etc., throughout the week
- Planning airport transportation as needed – rotating it among all staff
Accommodating fluctuations in guest census with adequate staffing
- Supervises all kitchen staff including cooks (2) & dishwashers (1), & Housekeepers/Kangaroos (2)
- Orients & educates kitchen & housekeeper/kangaroo staff
- Staff scheduling
- Provides “local expert” Public Health Food Safety Code knowledge & skills
- Studies regulations & previous inspection reports
- Rapid cooling techniques
- Safe food temperature ranges (cooking and holding)
- Identifies and corrects environmental “weaknesses”
- Establishes “student” relationship with Public Health Inspector in her consulting role
- Assures compliance with all health codes, for example:
- Teaching and enforcing proper hand-washing
- Teaching and enforcing proper food storage
- Daily cleanliness inspections
- With cooks, reviews guest reservations and provides menu planning
- Adapting menu to guest allergies, sensitivities, therapeutic diets, “fussy eaters,” etc.
- With cooks, assures adequate food inventory – placing food & supplies orders, rotating stock
- Managing and supervision the housekeepers and kangaroos
- Schedules daily public and guest room cleaning
- Inspects rooms regularly
- Assures adequate supplies of clean laundry
- Kangaroos are housekeepers who, like wranglers, also provide a number of guest activities (including leading hikes, rifle range, fishing, etc.), requiring special scheduling
- Assures adequate inventory of housekeeping and guest amenities stock
- Supervises all staff who contribute to “turning over the house” days
- Providing instruction and immediate supervision of wranglers & facilities staff who are housekeeping
- Providing any needed products/supplies/support to Events Manager as s/he develops new Wedding & Event business
- Coordinates with Events, Barn and Facilities Managers in scheduling and providing shared staff to support Events services (such as weddings, day events, etc.)
- Reassigning kitchen, barn and facilities staff to special events
- Adjusting work schedules and days off to staff special events
More Info see the cooks, dining room steward, housekeeper, and kangaroo position job descriptions found at : http://www.sundancetrail.com/dude-ranch-jobs/