Dan Morin, RN, RMT And
Ellen Morin, RN, MSN
Enjoy sharing their practice, Massage Red Feather Lakes, with focus on relaxation, injury rehabilitation and management of chronic pain.
Forms We Use at Massage Red Feather Lakes
Swedish Massage – involves kneading muscle groups to produce a deep sense of relaxation, relieves spasms and pain, increased circulation and range of motion. Swedish Massage relaxes the body and allows the mind to quiet – a great way to relieve stress.
Sports Massage – is a method to warm up, cool down, and maintain muscles to enhance physical performance, prevent injuries, and decrease recuperation time. This massage is targeted to specific muscle groups: the runner’s legs, the thrower’s shoulder, etc.
A combination of Swedish and sports massage techniques is a great way to relax the painful or tight muscles of the “week-end athlete.”
Trigger Point Therapy – is a primary and very useful approach to treating Myofacial Syndromes, which are characterized by extremely sensitive areas of spasm and tenderness.
Reiki is an ancient Chinese energy approach, whose modern form was established by a Japanese Christian Missionary, Dr. Mikao Usui in 1822. Reiki uses energy flow and balancing, using simple touch and deep relaxation to promote self-healing
Deep Tissue Approaches – applies techniques to deeper muscle and connective tissue structures. This massage is used to break up old adhesions – to loosen the scar tissue that binds muscle layers and supportive structures.Deep Tissue Massage can be used in the later stages of recovery from injury. The focus is not primarily on pain relief, but on recovering function. Deep tissue work can be painful.
Few Things in Life are as Distressing as Chronic Pain
Over time, pain can become a vicious cycle with a life of its own, sometimes persisting long after the original injury has healed. The pain cycle is a chain of events.
- Injury causes pain.
- Pain causes muscle spasm, which leaves residual tension and guarding.
- This tension, in turn, leads to a new cycle of pain and spasm, with increasing stress and fatigue.
- Massage can break this cycle by relaxing muscle spasms and relieving tension.
- By relieving pain, massage relieves the stress and fatiguecaused by the pain.
- Massage promotes the restful sleep required to heal your body and renew your emotional reserves.
- Massage helps you become aware of unconsciously held tension, and how it feels to relax.
- Finally, the care and comfort of massage can give you much needed emotional support in a time of stress.
Massage Red Feather Lakes Gift Certificates
Our practice, Massage Red Feather Lakes, also has Gift Certificates available!
For appointment, please call/txt Dan or Ellen at 224-1222