Pet Friendly Dude Ranch Vacation Disc Golf in Red Feather Lakes Colorado – Bring Your Dog!
Have you tried frisbee – disc golf? This game adds a whole new element of fun to our dude ranch experience. Come try it!
Family Dude Ranch Frisbee – disc golf is a game patterned after traditional golf, yet very different! You can expect:
- A game that everyone in the family can enjoy
- A fair amount of hiking at a relaxed pace
- Easy, fun and a challenge for all skill levels.
- Walking 18 “holes” or baskets arranged in a course
- Players begin by throwing their frisbee – discs from a “Tee” (starting area) towards the target basket.
- Taking turns, each player continues to throw his or her frisbee – disc until each player has reached the target basket.
- The object of the game is to complete the course with the fewest number of throws.
- Each “hole” (basket) has a “par” and requires a bit of strategy to negotiate the distance, the obstacles (rocks and trees) and the hazards (the ponds).
- Initial investment can be less than $10 for your first frisbee – disc!
- No special equipment, supplies or clothing.
- Easily learned and played by children and seniors.
Ranch Holiday Disc Golf is Challenging!
Here’s a pretty darn good video to introduce you to disc golf.
And here is another video about the philosophy of disc golf titled: Beyond Winning and Losing.
Here is link to Official PDGA Rules.
You might want to print out our Course map and Score card.
This course was designed and inspired by the folks at The Wright Life.
Our dude ranch frisbee – disc golf course may be a bit different than other disc golf courses:
- Our course is very hilly and involves lots of trees.
- You share the course with horses (actually they share their course with you!).
- There is no cell phone service – the ranch is “out of range”
- Bath rooms are located just off the dining room and he recreation room.
- Picnic tables are located behind the lodge.
Our dude ranch course has been created to complement our horseback riding lifestyle. It is intended mainly for our overnight guests, but we welcome day players, using the following guidelines:
- Day players may choose to explore the course on horseback before playing, or may wish to ride our other trails after their game. Call us for hourly rates and to make your horse back riding reservations (970-224-1222).
- Day players may also enjoy hearty western meals with us (if we are cooking when you are here) by making reservations (yup, 970-224-1222).
- Day players may want to enjoy country lodge living with us during the fall, winter and spring months (September through May) which can include lodging, meals and horseback riding as well as frisbee – disc golf (the same 970-224-1222). Disc Golf Hole #18
- And some dude ranch frisbee – disc course rules:
- We always close the front gate behind us! Horses (and donkeys and goats and some pretty friendly but stupid dogs) are always loose on the property. Horses wandering in the road can be a tragedy!
- Please drive slowly! Horses have a funny way of literally jumping out of the bushes in front of cars!
- Day guests may park their cars in the lodge parking lot, and to “sign in” in the lodge dining room, where they can obtain score cards, maps of the course, and may buy frisbee – disc gear.
- We do not throw frisbee – discs around horses! Horses are big bunny rabbits – we have to use our intelligence because they don’t have any.
- We practice the “minimal impact ethic.” This means that we make as small an impact as possible. We don’t break off tree limbs. We don’t pick flowers. We leave no trash.
- We strongly encourage guests to carry water. Water, lemon-aide (and cookies) are generally available in the lodge at no charge.
- There is no smoking on the frisbee – disc course or generally on the ranch. Smoking is permitted on the lodge front deck only.
- You cannot take your horse home with you. You can take home your first frisbee – disc (an investment of about $10).
OK, How much does it cost?
* Disc Golf is free for our overnight guests.
* The rate for day guests is $3/round/person or $5/day/person or $50/yr/person or for $5M we will sell you the ranch.
* We can sometimes also provide lunch (chef’s choice, family style, call for planned menu), and horse back riding.
* You might enjoy our Fall, Winter and Spring Country Lodge lifestyle with lodging, meals and horseback riding.