You will not need your watch – take it off!
- Guests arrive & settle in rooms
- Take a deep breath!
- Tour ranch & meet horses & staff
- “Barn Orientation Class” – Ground Manners, Catching, Haltering, Leading & Tieing
- Hospitality & appetizers on front porch
- Supper & ranch orientation & meet folks
- Introduction to Cowboy Poetry
- Sunset hike
- Dessert for those who return (Just Kidding!)
- Barn orientation – “Horse Instincts and Communication”
- Arena demo and practice (Walk, Whoa, Turn)
- First ride for skills practice and/or arena time
- Lunch at picnic tables
- Start horseshoe tournament!
- Ride horses into National Forest, to Bubba’s Hill or Lady Moon or Hunter’s Camp or Aspen Canyon
- Appetizers on front porch
- Square Dancing Lessons!
- Rock Climbing Class at Stoney Point Hill
- Horse grooming & tack lesson (This is where we teach guests how to do our chores!)
- Ride to Bubba’s Hill or Lady Moon or Hunter’s Camp or Aspen Canyon
- Kids cookout & scavenger hunt & field games & stories at the fire & sleep-out at tipi
- Adult hospitality & candle light dinner (generally interrupted once, by kids to show off their seven kinds of poop found on scavenger hunt… horse, donkey, goat, sheep, rabbit, chicken…etc.)
- Adult quiet evening of conversation on front porch.
- Horse grooming and tack
- Mt. Margaret Trail Head(all day) ride (2017-OOPS! The trail is temporarily closed for repairs. We will do other rides and carry our lunches to the forest.)
- Lunch at Mt. Margaret trail head
- Ride, hike, play
- Return to fish, rifle & trap range
- Some prefer to nap, read or soak in Jaccuzzi after 5-7 hours in the saddle!
- Appetizers & Dinner
- Evening campfire with s’mores and cowboy singers Lars & Amy Larson.
- Riflery or Rock Climbing or Sightseeing Old Town before Rafting
- Pack Lunches
- Rafting or Sightseeing
- – Old Town Ft. Collins
- – Rocky Mtn. Nat’lPark
- – Laramie Territorial Prison
- Some rafters stay in town to explore, shop and/or enjoy dinner in “Old Town” Ft. Collins after their white water adventure.
- Dinner & free evening
- Ride to destination of your choice (There are lots and lots of trails still to explore!)
- Lunch at “Lunch Rock” in the forest, then
- Last Chance to try what you haven’t done yet.
- Your choice:
- Ride, Hike, Fish, Rifle & Trap range, Archery, Roping lessons, Horse shoe tourney
- Campfire with Cowboy Poetry
- Gymkana Arena Games – The Sundance Dude Rodeo!
- Start Check-out
- Box lunch or buffet available
- Hugs & Farewells