A Colorado Family Dude Ranch
Imagine your Colorado family dude ranch vacation spending your days horseback riding as a family, taking in the scenery of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, and above all, creating lifelong memories together as a family.
After that, just relax – Picking the right Colorado dude ranching vacation can be easy!
Handy article: Pick the right family ranch for you!
The Four Seasons At Sundance Trail Guest Ranch – A Family Vacation Colorado Dude Ranch
Our Summer Guest Ranch season runs from late May until mid-September. Our Colorado dude ranching vacations are weeks full of activity, subsequently balanced with moments of quiet:
- Western Colorado horseback riding in the Rocky Mountains on a horse matched to your skill level
- Your horse is paired with you for the week – some folks have been riding the same horse for years!
- Rock climbing and belaying lessons
- White water rafting
- Sunset hikes, fishing, and fly-fishing.
- Throwing tomahawks
- Shooting rifles and shotguns
- Evening campfires with cowboy singing, yodeling and cowboy poetry
- Foosball, horse shoe tournaments, pool table, and all kinds of family games
- A Children’s Program that encourages families to play together
- Comfortable, clean, modern lodge and cabin suites; hearty western meals, a soak in the jacuzzi, a massage, a good book on the porch, or snooze in a hammock
- Relaxed, stress-free, hassle free, easy-going atmosphere that only a very small family guest ranch can enjoy.We are one of the smallest of the Colorado dude ranches.
Fall, Winter and Spring
On the other hand, our Fall, Winter & Spring Bed and Breakfast season runs from late September until mid-May. These pet-friendly “Mountain Lodge” or “Country Inn” visits can be a ranch vacation of one night, however we’re thrilled to have you for as long as you like!
- Colorado Horseback riding and hiking the Rocky Mountains
- Nearby fishing and golf in season
- Ranch vacation romance and quiet
- Murder Mystery weekends
- A visit to the nearby village of Red Feather Lakes
- A great place for family reunions, or small group retreats or elopement weddings
- Comfortable clean modern ranch accommodations
- Hearty western meals
- Disc Golf Course
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts welcome
- A soak in the jacuzzi
- Foosball, pool table, horse shoe tournaments, and all kinds of other family games
- A relaxed, stress-free, hassle-free, easy-going atmosphere that only a very small guest ranch can enjoy
- We teach the Wrangler Safety Program of the Dude Ranchers Association