We have just begun offering horseback trail rides for folks who are not overnight guests, and still working out the “scheduling wrinkles.” Covid has left so many people with the desire to get outdoors!
So, when the number of overnight guests and the number of horses and wranglers available leaves us with room for more riders, we’re testing to make sure that we can expand capacity safely.
Of course staffing is also changing as some wranglers will leave to start the fall semester. And the MILLIONS of couples who want to get married RIGHT NOW adds fun craziness!
In area of unsurpassed natural beauty, one of the best ways to explore is on horseback. In addition, outdoor recreation in wide-open spaces is a safe way to enjoy regardless of season.
- Horseback riding is an outdoor, non-contact pursuit where 6 feet personal distance is the norm.
- The very nature of riding minimizes the risk of exposure and we’ve established policies and procedures that further increases our guests’ ability to participate safely.
- We do not charge for safety talk or arena “warm up” time. Most rides are for an hour – it is considered very bad etiquette to cripple one’s guests on the first ride! Gratuities are very appreciated but not expected.
- Bathroom facilities are provided.
- Morning (9am) & Afternoon(1pm) horseback rides are available by reservation only, up to 5 riders per group(or more by special arrangement).
Call (970) 224-1222 with questions or to make a reservation.