Note: If you are looking for Summer Dude Ranch Rates, click here.
From mid-September through mid-May, the Sundance Trail Guest Ranch can be a perfect Country Inn or Bed and Breakfast hide-away!
We are close enough to Ft. Collins that you can get here in less than an hour, and from Boulder or Denver in about two hours. However, we are just far enough away to be able to offer seclusion for some private time together in the beauty and the quiet of the mountains.
Includes: Lodging, meals and daily horseback ride (usually after breakfast around 10 AM). Meals include dinner on night of arrival through breakfast on the day of your departure.
- $310 per night/couple (any two people sharing one suite) or $240 per night for single occupancy
- Add $110/night for each child and $155/night for each adult sharing the suite
- Additional Charge includes State sales tax at 3.7%
Country Inn stays have no minimum or maximum stay requirements. You’re free to come for one night or a whole week!
Bed & Breakfast:
Includes: Lodging, breakfast, and full access to self-guided amenities (i.e. hiking, hot tub)
- $207 per night/couple (any two people sharing one suite), $150 per night for single occupancy
- Add $58/night for each child, and $92/night for each adult sharing the suite
- Staff-guided activities (i.e. horseback riding, riflery) or extra meals can be arranged for an additional cost (see below)
- Additional Charge includes State sales tax at 3.7%
Bed and Breakfast stays have no minimum or maximum stay requirements. You’re free to come for one night or a whole week!
Extra Riding and Meals are Available
- Additional horseback rides
$50 per hour/person
- Add Lunch
$14 for adults
$9 for kids (5 to 14 years old)
No cost for children less than 5 years old
$28 for adults
$14 for kids (5 to 14 years old)
No charge for children less than 5 years old
Lodging, Meals, and Seasonal Activities
Warm, inviting, and relaxed; our mountain lodge boasts a large dining room and parlor with a fireplace and an endless supply of board games. The deck and porches are an inviting place to gather for a fresh cup of coffee, conversation, swapping stories, reading, or just plain enjoying the view.
We serve hearty, western-style meals 3 times a day. We are very flexible and will be happy to accommodate just about any dietary restrictions with advance notice.
We offer horseback rides year-round, the horses love going out to play in the snow!
The recreation barn is where we play – Jacuzzi, pool and foosball tables… and of course corn hole!
All of our suites, in either the mountain lodge or the cabins, are comfortable, spacious, and have refrigerators, coffee-makers, private baths, daily housekeeping, and flexibility in arranging both queen and twin beds.
- Country Inn & Bed and Breakfast Rates are available late September through mid-May.
- We live a Dude Ranch Lifestyle from mid-May through mid-September – Country Inn & Bed and breakfast is not available in these summer months.
- “Pet-friendly” means that we do not charge for your dog’s bed and breakfast stay with us!
We offer Gift Certficates for all of these packages, as well as for any additional expenses or amenities you’d like to add for yourself or a loved one that may be coming to stay with us at the ranch. Feel free to call (970) 224-1222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase or get some additional information.
Specials & Discounts
We occasionally run specials & discounts. Please check out our specials page for more information!
The Small Print
- The “couple” rates are for any two people sharing one suite, any pair of adults – family, friends, buddies – sharing one suite.
- Additional charge for State sales tax at 3.7%.
- Trading Post purchases, massage, liquor (beer, wine, spirits and soda are available on site), and Fishing Licenses are available at several locations in town.
- We also have a small liquor store on site where you may purchase beer, wine, spirits, and mixers.
We require a deposit of 20% for dude ranch and bed and breakfast reservations, and 50% for family reunions or other larger groups of 10 or more persons.
Cancellations 60 day prior to your arrival will be refunded minus 10% handling fee. We will gladly attempt to reschedule your reservation and transfer the entire deposit to that new reservation. “No shows” will be charged the full rate for the stay reserved.
We are often asked by guests how gratuities should be handled. Your rate includes a service charge to help fund adequate salaries for our staff, however, if you feel you received exceptional service, and want to show your appreciation by giving an additional tip for for our staff they will appreciate it, but do not expect it.
In the event that you do not show. You will be billed the full rate for your reservation.
Bed and Breakfast Travel Cancellation Insurance
You might want to consider trip cancellation insurance to protect your deposit. Both the Colorado Dude and Guest Ranch Association and the Dude Ranchers Association are associated with Travel Guard insurance.
Dogs and Horses
Both are welcome by prior arrangement. See our Pet Policy here. Please call us at (970) 224-1222 to discuss specific details.
To ride outside the arena, children must be mature and large enough to safely control their horse on the trail — we look at the child’s size, coordination, and attitude on horseback. Typically children are ready to ride at about age eight. Children who are not yet ready to trail ride will ride with a wrangler in the arena. Please feel free to call us to discuss any questions you might have about your child’s readiness to ride. Safety is our first concern. We do provide helmets for our young riders.
Riding “double” is extremely dangerous, and is not practiced here.
Active Military and immediate family – Year Round
We want to thank you for your service with a 15% discount from regular pricing for all Active Military and your immediate families. (If you have been injured in the line of service, you may call us privately about a personalized pricing.)
A portion of our sales is shared with Homeward Alliance < www.homewardalliance.org/ > to help empower individuals and families who face homelessness to survive, move forward and thrive.
We are an equal family dude ranch vacation opportunity employer and provider, authorized by special use permit on the Roosevelt National Forest.