Plain ol’ Fashioned Wranglers
Wranglers are the face of Sundance Trail! If you have extensive horse experience/riding ability, as well as hospitality experience and a passion for working with people, you may be a perfect fit! Please review the below duties & abilities before submitting an application.
Do you have additional abilities with children? Check out the Children’s Wrangler position.
Do you have more experience than this position details? Check out our Head Wrangler position.
Do you have additional abilities with carpentry, plumbing, electrical, or mechanics? Check out our Facilities Wrangler position.
Do you have additional abilities with rock climbing, archery, or riflery? Check out our Activities Wrangler position.
Reports to: Head Wrangler/Barn Manager
*This means you will report to the Head Wrangler on an hour-to-hour basis throughout the day, with the Barn Manager being your ultimate supervisor.
- Feed horses 2x/day on rotating basis with other wranglers
- Eat meals with guests and entertain throughout day
- Catch, groom, and saddle horses for rides after breakfast each day
- Lead rides at discretion of Head Wrangler
- Tell ranch stories (provided) and entertain guests on rides
- Ensure high standard of safety during rides
- Current CPR certification
- Ensure high standard of horse care
- Assist other areas of the ranch are in good order (kitchen, housekeeping) throughout day
- Attend evening guest activities
- Assist with Saturday afternoon housekeeping
- Proficient horseback rider
- Basic Knowledge of equine first aid
- CPR certified
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Customer service minded
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work as a team
- Honesty and open communication skills
- Flexibility to accomplish a wide variety of tasks within a day