From mid-September through mid-May, Sundance Trail Guest Ranch can be a perfect Country Inn or Bed and Breakfast hide-away!
We are close enough to Ft. Collins that you can get here in less than an hour, and from Boulder or Denver in about two hours. However, we are just far enough away to be able to offer seclusion for some private time together in the beauty and the quiet of the mountains.
We offer two different styles of stays during these months:
- Country Inn with lodging, meals and morning horse back rides all included in your stay.
- Bed & Breakfast with lodging and breakfast included in your stay.
Guests are welcome to book either package for 1-2 nights, or for up to a week.
What to Expect
- For many folks the ranch has become more of a second home thanjust a Bed and Breakfast or Country Inn.
- Some couples find this to be the perfect romantic guest ranch get-away for elopement weddings & the best honeymoons.
- We are the only Colorado Mountain Lodge (or Bed & Breakfast or Country Inn) that is pet friendly!
- A growing number of families are enjoying respite time here – a Country Inn break to be together without the competition of telephones, computers, and the thousand activities that can compromise family life.
- Horseback riding the trails of the Roosevelt National Forest
- Or a professional massage right here on the ranch
- Stargazing from the Jacuzzi
- Swapping stories in front of the fireplace
- Or just enjoying a book on our sunny porch.
- If you have between 8 and 12 people, we can arrange Country Inn Murder Mystery Weekend!
- We love hosting Country Inn Family Reunions!
- Hosting Elopement Weddings and the best honeymoons!
- Our Bed & Breakfast accommodations are all neatly decorated and designed for comfort. Each has its own refrigerator, coffee service, private bath, and individual heat. Daily housekeeping is provided.
- Our food is home cooked, western style, plentiful, and with a view to healthy choices. We eat our meals family style in the dining room, but can also serve lunches picnic style on the trail.
Retreat and business meeting support
- Most groups book the entire ranch for their exclusive use.
- Here at Sundance it is easy to have time for quality work and play.
- Pricing is determined based on the activities you want, size of group, number meals desired and sleeping arrangements.
- Call us to discuss plans and your objectives.
Related Services and Information
Shuttle Service from/to Denver International Airport
We are happy to provide ranch-shuttle service to and from Denver International Airport (or other locations within 100 miles).
The rates for round trip shuttle service are $150 for one person, $220 for two people, and add $100 per person beyond two (Up to 6 people maximum).
Shuttle runs on-time for flights arriving between noon and 2pm, and depart no earlier than noon, though we strongly recommend a departure time of 4pm or later so you can still have a morning ride before you leave the ranch. For earlier or later flight times, DIA offers some excellent restaurants and shopping opportunities guests may take advantage of while they wait for our shuttle or their departure flights.
The Small Print:
Rates listed here are per person. Additional charge for State sales tax is 3.7%. We are often asked by guests how gratuities should be handled. If you feel you received exceptional service, and want to show your appreciation by giving an additional tip for our staff they will appreciate it, but do not expect it.
Gift shop, liquor store purchases and massages may be added to final bill.
We prefer personal checks or travelers checks, & accept most credit cards. Oh! Cash is just fine too!
We require a deposit of 20% for dude ranch reservations, and 50% for family reunions or other larger groups of 10 or more persons.
Cancellations 60 days prior to your arrival date may have a refund of your deposit, minus 10% handling fee, OR we will gladly attempt to reschedule your reservation and transfer the entire deposit to that new reservation, OR you can leave the deposit on account for future use (this deposit will never expire) OR you may convert the deposit to a Gift Certificate (Gift Certificates never expire).
Cancellations less than 60 days prior to your arrival date are not refundable. We will gladly attempt to reschedule your reservation and transfer the entire deposit to that new reservation, OR you can leave the deposit on account for future use (this deposit will never expire) OR you may convert the deposit to a Gift Certificate (Gift Certificates never expire).
In the event that you do not show. You will be billed the full rate for your reservation.
Travel Cancellation Insurance
You might want to consider trip cancellation insurance to protect your family dude ranch vacation deposit. Both the Colorado Dude and Guest Ranch Association and the Dude Ranchers Association are associated with Travel Guard insurance.
Country Inn Stays & Rates
Includes: Lodging, meals and daily horseback ride (usually after breakfast around 10 AM). Meals include dinner on night of arrival through breakfast on the day of your departure.
- $310 per night/couple (any two people sharing one suite) or $240 per night for single occupancy
- Add $110/night for each child and $155/night for each adult sharing the suite
- Additional Charge includes State sales tax at 3.7%
Country Inn stays have no minimum or maximum stay requirements. You’re free to come for one night or a whole week!
Bed & Breakfast Stays & Rates
Includes: Lodging, breakfast, and full access to self-guided amenities (i.e. hiking, hot tub)
- $207 per night/couple (any two people sharing one suite), $150 per night for single occupancy
- Add $58/night for each child, and $92/night for each adult sharing the suite
- Staff-guided activities (i.e. horseback riding, riflery) or extra meals can be arranged for an additional cost (see below)
- Additional Charge includes State sales tax at 3.7%
Bed and Breakfast stays have no minimum or maximum stay requirements. You’re free to come for one night or a whole week!
Extra Riding and Meals are Available
- Additional horseback rides
$50 per hour/person
- Add Lunch
$14 for adults
$9 for kids (5 to 14 years old)
No cost for children less than 5 years old
$28 for adults
$14 for kids (5 to 14 years old)
No charge for children less than 5 years old
We offer a 15% discount to dude ranch cowboys and cowgirls who enjoy the ranch but do not ride. Please ask for our non-rider discount when you book your family vacation reservations.
Active Military and immediate family – Year Round:
We want to thank you for your service with a 15% discount from regular pricing for all Active Military and your immediate families. (If you have been injured in the line of service, you may call us privately about a personalized pricing.)
Specials & Discounts
We occasionally run specials & discounts. Please check out our specials page for more information!