This position is always either hired from the current staff or is shared on rotation by the current wrangler staff. This is a decision made by the Barn Manager and the current wrangler staff.
The Head Wrangler is responsible for managing all day-to-day guest time on horseback. This means getting to know each guest individually, catering to specific needs and requests each week, and organizing daily rides and wrangler duties. This person will work with the Barn Manager to ensure guest delight, wrangler performance, and horse health & safety. Please read the below duties & abilities to see if you’d be a good fit.
Reports to: Barn Manager/General Manager (Dan)
*meaning you will report to Barn Manager on an hour-to-hour basis with Dan being your ultimate supervisor.
- Managing Guest’s Riding Time
- Meeting guests each Sunday and assisting Wranglers in greeting/getting waivers/teaching initial ground manners lesson each Sunday afternoon
- Assigning each guest a horse based on waiver questionnaire
- Organizing rides in groups and assigning each wrangler a group and a destination
- Ensuring all guests desires on horseback are met during the week
- Managing Barn Staff (with help of Barn Manager)
- Ensuring all Wranglers are meeting ranch standards of ride safety and hospitality
- Ensuring all Wranglers are being A+ storytellers and entertainers
- Ensuring all Wranglers are maintaining high standard of horse health & safety
- Assist Children’s Wrangler with kids program
- Record Keeping
- Maintaining immaculate records of Rider Logs (under BM’s supervision)
- Update master barn log with horses that were ridden each day
- Report each horse’s behavioral anomalies to BM
- Lifelong equestrian preferred
- Wrangling experience preferred (2+ years)
- Management Experience or educational equivalent/leadership qualities
- High standard of animal welfare
- Hospitality experience/customer service mindset
- Organizational capabilities
- Ability to take direction
- Honesty and open communication skills
- Ability to drive a tractor
- Basic knowledge of horse health and first-aid
- Outgoing and friendly personality necessary
- Current CPR certification
Think you’d be the perfect Head Wrangler? Please review our employment expectations before submitting an application. We will be in touch shortly.