Some Helpful Hints for Planning your Colorado Dude Ranch Vacation
Check In & Check Out
- Summer Dude Ranch
Check-in Sunday 2PM.
Check-out Saturday around 12 PM
- Fall, Winter and Spring
Check-in is 2PM.
Check-out is before 12 PM
Family Reunion Colorado Dude Ranch Vacation
Our lifestyle is relaxed and very casual, but you will be most comfortable if you follow these general guidelines.
- long sleeve shirts
- some folks find bicycle shorts under their jeans most comfortable
- sports bras can make trotting and cantering easier
- either riding/cowboy boots or tennis shoes (NOT hiking boots)
- cowboy hat or sunscreen for ears, neck and nose
- stampede strings for your hats are HIGHLY recommended!
- Stampede strings hang from the inside brow band below the chin — keeps hat attached to you in a breeze, so hat does not fly away and SPOOK the horses behind you! Can be found in most Country-Western clothing stores or in our Trading Post here.
- riding helmets are available here
- you are welcome to bring your own saddle and/or helmet if you prefer
Family Guest Ranch Vacation Matt Rock Climbing
- hiking boots or tennis shoes (NOT cowboy boots),
Everything else requires:
- jeans or shorts
- sun screen
- swim suit
- sun glasses
- Summer evenings can be cool – a jacket, sweat shirt or sweater
- Fall, Winter & Spring can be unpredictable, with as much as a 40 degree difference between afternoon high and night low temperatures. Dress in layers.
- Washers and dryers are available for guest use every day after 5PM – (yes, mom, you can go home with clean clothes!)
Other Items to Bring Along:
- Hand lotion – our air is dry
- We now have a retail liquor store on the property, and a variety of soda pop, beer, wines and spirits available on the ranch. You do not need to BYOB.
- Guest suites have small refrigerators.
- We make trips to town daily, and will be happy to have staff pick up other needed items.
Did you notice that we did not list watches or cell phones or pagers? You won’t need them here!
We are happy to accommodate your special diet needs. Please notify us well in advance of these needs, and we will be happy to write our menu with you.
If you have a fussy eater, we will be happy to have a variety of simple “kid-friendly” foods available. Notify us in advance, and we will have your child’s favorite foods available when you arrive.
You can see the National Weather Service 7-Day Forcast here.
|Our Historical Weather:||Jan||Feb||March||April||May||June|
Mountain weather means dressing in layers. Remember the temperature will drop 30 degrees when the sun goes down at night!
Mail, Verizon cell service, limited Wifi are available.
However, “bringing work” with you, or being “on-call” for work is HIGHLY discouraged.