Horseback Rider Size:
* We have a limited number of “plus size” horses who are comfortable carrying plus sized people.
* We do not have strict restrictions or rules, but do recognize the rider:horse body weight standard of 20%.
* This is both a question of weight and a question of athleticism, skill, core strength, balance and reflexes.
* We understand that BMI tables do not tell the whole story.
* At the same time we have a moral obligation to protect our horses health and well being, and reserve the right to decline riders who are too big for the horses available.
* If we decline, the rider will be offered a full refund of your deposit.
* Feel free to call us to discuss, and we can make decisions privately together. (970-224-1222)
* We are an equal opportunity employer and provider authorized by special use permit on the Roosevelt National Forest.
Back to Trail Riding Near Fort Collins Main Page