You won’t really need your watch – take it off — and your phone? Here it serves you best as a camera!
- Guests arrive & settle in rooms
- Take a deep breath!
- Tour ranch & meet horses & staff
- “Barn Orientation Class” – Ground Manners, Catching, Haltering, Leading & Tying Knots
- Hospitality & appetizers on front porch
- Supper & ranch orientation & meet folks
- Introduction to Cowboy Poetry
- Sunset hike
- Dessert for those who return (Just Kidding!)
- Barn orientation – “Horse Instincts and Communication”
- Arena demo and practice (Walk, Whoa, Turn)
- First ride for skills practice and/or arena time
- Lunch at picnic tables
- Start horseshoe tournament!
- Ride horses into National Forest: Bubba’s Hill, Lady Moon, Hunter’s Camp, or Aspen Canyon.
- Cowboy singing with Lars & Amy Larson around the campfire with s’mores fixins.
- Rock Climbing Class at Stony Point
- Horse grooming & tack lesson (This is where we teach guests how to do our chores!)
- Ride to Bubba’s Hill, Lady Moon, Hunter’s Camp, or Aspen Canyon
- Adult hospitality and candle-lit dinner
- Adult quiet evening of conversation on front porch, soak in the jacuzzi or star-gazing
- Horse grooming and tack
Ride to Elkhorn Creek or Lady Moon Trail Head
- This is our all-day ride! Around 5 1/2 hours of saddle time (7 miles out and 7 miles back)
- Lunch at Mt. Margaret trail head
- Ride, hike, play
- Return to fish, rifle & trap range
- Some prefer to nap, read or soak in Jacuzzi after 5+ hours in the saddle!
- Appetizers & Dinner
- Square dancing lesson at the carriage house gazebo!
*Horses day off for full-week guests
*Half-week guests may choose to ride
- Riflery, rock-climbing, or sightseeing Old Town before whitewater rafting
- Riding for half-week guests
- Pack Lunches before departing the ranch for the day
- Rafting (if available, depends on water volume) or Sightseeing Options
- Old Town Ft. Collins
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Laramie Territorial Prison
- Some guests stay in town to explore, shop and/or enjoy dinner in “Old Town” Ft. Collins after their day’s adventure.
- Dinner & free evening to relax or soak in Jacuzzi
- Ride to destination of your choice (There are lots and lots of trails still to explore!)
- Lunch at “Lunch Rock” in the forest
- Last Chance to try what you haven’t done yet or would like to try again!
- Ride, Hike, Fish, Rifle & Trap range, Archery, Roping lessons, Horse shoe tourney
- Campfire with Cowboy Poetry
- Gymkana Arena Games – The Sundance Dude Rodeo!
- Start Check-out
- Box lunch or buffet available
- Hugs & Farewells