Sundance Trail is a very small (24 pillow) Colorado dude ranch. As we adapt to changing customer interests, we have broadened our set of services while keeping a relaxed, informal, affordable and simple life style.
The Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for marketing and advertising the four basic sets of services we sell to our local, national and international customers:
- Summer Dude Ranch Vacations
- Fall/Winter/Spring Country Inn and B&B get-aways
- Year-round Weddings and Events (including retreats, family reunions, disc golf tournaments, etc.)
- Year-round “day-trip” Trail Rides
1. Using creativity, flexibility, humor and in close collaboration with Hospitality Manager, Barn Manager and owners, responsibilities include:
- All Positions descriptions on this ranch START with “performs other related duties as needed.”
- Assess current activities and structures with an eye to improvement and/or correct issues.
- Identify current Marketing strengths to build on
- Identify and address current marketing opportunities for improvement
- Identify potential future marketing opportunities
- Plan strategies with measurable goals to address strengths and opportunities to maintain our positive reputation with customers and neighbors.
- Create and develop a yearly cycling Marketing calendar
- Assist in preparation pricing policies and budgets
- Define and develop
- Our wedding and events services.
- Our relationship with the new University of Denver campus
- New marketing collateral, including email newsletters, blog, etc.
- Orient, train, and educate staff members.
- Supervise staff shared with other managers: providing leadership, direction, customer feedback, correction, praise and encouragement.
- Public relations networking with:
- Other dude ranches through membership in national and state associations, meeting with other local wedding venues.
- Local vendors, businesses, and associations.
- Assisting the other two teams, as needed with duties and chores which have nothing to do with marketing, including the possibility of occasionally cooking, housekeeping, feeding horses, grocery shopping, fixing ornery tractor, fixing frozen pipes or whatever catastrophes which occur in real life on a ranch.
- Independently manage and maintain day-to-day marketing activities and office functions. As possibly the only employee working indoors, this includes:
- Answering phones, texts and emails
- Sending email and printed brochures, newsletters, blogs or other literature
- Give Ranch and Aspen Grove tours
- Making sales!
- Regularly evaluate activities/structures, including customer satisfaction evaluations.
- Assist the other two managers, as needed, with each of the above shared responsibilities.
2. The ideal candidate will have the following demonstrated skills:
- Website editing experience with WordPress, basic HTML, and common SEO practices
- Maintain a social media presence targeted to our customer niches
- Experience with Active Campaign (or other complex CRM software) Think Reservations (or other reservation software) is valued but not required.
- The ability to deal with the occasional crisis with energy, humor, and the patience of a saint (extensive psychiatric skills for dealing with hysterical bride’s-mothers). These abilities may have been gained in a wide variety of life experiences and employments.
- Willingness to work a variety of hours, depending on the ranch or event needs, including holidays, weekends, especially during the summer peak season