Colorado Guest Ranch Summer Employment
Summer is coming soon – yeehaw! We are now looking over applications for summer 2012. Here’s some highlights:
Summer Dude Ranch Kitchen Staff
Don’t listen to those wranglers! YOU are the most important part of our ranch!
Some of the most important memories that we want to create for our guests are meal memories. We eat in the dining room, in the back yard, and on the trail. We serve “hearty western fare family style,” which can include lots of vegetables and salads as well as meat and potatoes. Because Ellen and Dan are both RN’s we see many guests who have therapeutic diets or allergies.
The kitchen staff is a group of five people who have high energy and good humor. Psychosis is not an obstacle to working in the kitchen, although active drinking problems will get you sent on your way. Kitchen and housekeeping staff typically works forty-five hours per week over six days.
There are five positions in and around the kitchen:
1. Kitchen Manager/THE Cook (the Boss)
2. Breakfast Cook/Prep Cook
3. Dining Room Steward/Dishwasher
4. Kangaroo #1/Housekeeper/Dishwasher/Other skill #1
5. Kangaroo #2/ Housekeeper/Dishwasher/Other skill #2
Guest Ranch Barn Employment:
Don’t listen to those kitchen people! YOU are the most important part of our ranch!
Some of the most important memories that we want to create for our guests are from horseback! The barn has three types of wranglers:
1. The Barn Manager (Boss)
2. Children’s Wrangler
3. Plain Ol’ Fashioned Wranglers
Dude Ranch Rock Climbing Instructor.
This is a part time position, usually done by a Kangaroo or Wrangler. (i.e. Must be bi-lingual (speaking both kitchen and horse) or schizophrenic.
If you are interested in working for us, then please
1. Study the Dude Ranch Job Descriptions, then
2. Visit the page that lists our Guest Ranch Employment Expectations, and then
3. Wranglers (only) please visit the Dude Ranch Wrangler Video script, then
4. Feel free to send us a Sundance Trail Guest Ranch Application.